Potato soup is a healthy soup which is suitable to be enjoyed on the cold day or when you wished to enjoy potato-based dishes. This soup may be served as a possible appetizer or main meal. There are many ways to produce a selection of delicious potato soups that are complemented by delicious additive for example meat or vegetables.
Even without rice, this potato soup will be your lunch menu. It tastes delicious, most enjoyable to warm. There are several variations of basic potato soup recipe that you can use.
Easy potato soup recipes
This easy potato soup recipe can be a family favorite and it is so simple that you could serve it with a table in less than a half-hour. This is really a soft and soothing food that can be warm you over a cold day.
– 1 pound washed potatoes, peeled if desired.
– 1 cup diced onion
– 1/4 cup of butter plus 1 tablespoon per serving
– 2 cups whole milk
– 1/2 cup of heavy cream (whipping) cream or half-and-half
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
– 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
– 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh parsley or chives
1. Cut the potatoes according to the desired size.
2. Bring the lake to your pot and add the cubed potatoes. Bring with a boil until soft.
3. Meanwhile, slowly cook the onion in 1 tablespoon of butter. Drain the potatoes and add them back towards the pan.
4. Add cooked onions, butter, milk and cream.
5. Taste and add salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to taste.
6. Serve inside a shallow bowl with the edge of butter and a sprinkling of parsley ahead.
Creamy potato soup recipe
This homemade potato soup is constructed from only some ingredients, yet still contains the taste you would like. Add cheddar cheese to incorporate the creamy flavor.
With this recipe, you should only need about twenty minutes.
– 1 ½ pound (2 large) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 1 can (12 ounces of liquid) evaporated milk
– 2 tablespoons of canola oil
– 3 ½ servings of water
– 3 tablespoons of multipurpose flour, dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
– 4 teaspoons of Bouillon Instant Chicken Flavor
– Garlic slices (optional)
– Meat cooked and crushed (optional)
1. Heat oils in the large pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, cook and stir occasionally, for one to two minutes or until cooked and smell nice.
2. Add potatoes, water, and broth. Bring to your boil. Cook and stir occasionally, for fifteen minutes or until soft.
3. Add the flour mixture, stirring to carry on cook for just two minutes. Add evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Top each serving with bacon and chives.
Variations: If you want a soup that is certainly richer in flavor, decrease the flour to 2 tablespoons and use 1 can (7.6 ounces of liquid) milk cream to exchange the evaporated milk.
Simple potato leek soup recipe
Soft and thick vegetable soup packed with flavor. The savory and slightly sweet taste makes this soup one of several favorites inside my family. This is the family’s favorite soup recipe made from potatoes and leeks cooked with bacon to make essentially the most flavorful and quite a few flavorful soups well suited for winter.
– 6 potatoes
– 8 cups chicken broth
– 4 leeks, go ahead and take a white one
– 1 bay leaf- 1 cup of thick cream
– 3 celery sticks
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of finely chopped fresh thyme
– Freshly ground salt and pepper
How to produce
1. Peel the potatoes and diced, sliced chives, and celery.
2. Heat chicken stock into a large pan, add potatoes, leeks, celery leaves, bay leaves, and thyme and sprinkle with pepper and salt. Boil for 15 to 20 minutes before potatoes are tender.
3. Take bay leaves. Blend having an immersion blender (or even in batches in a very blender or mixer), stirring the soup until smooth. Pour the soup in a medium pan; add the cream and simmer prior to the soup is about twenty minutes.
4. Soup is preparing to be served.
Potato soup recipe crock pot
Crock pot Potato Soup is a pure comfort food — perfect for a busy night and it’s straightforward since it is made in a slow cooker. Cover your slow cooker potato souped with a few grated Cheddar, fried bacon, and chives for additional flavor.
Once made, this soup can be stored inside a closed container inside the refrigerator for up to three or four days.
– 2 ½ cup potatoes shredded
– 2 cup whole milk
– 29 oz broth low sodium chicken
– 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped (optional)
– 1 pinch red pepper flakes to taste
– 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1 pinch salt to taste
– 1 cup of sour cream plus more for topping (optional garnish)
– 1 pinch black peppers to taste
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and even more for topping (optional garnish)
1. In a 6-liter (or larger) pot, add grated potatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir ingredients gently.
2. Cover the pot and cook with good temperature for 3 hours or low temperature for 6 hours.
3. In a medium bowl, shake milk, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and flour.
4. Open the lid through the crock pot and pour the milk mixture, then stir.
5. Cover again and cook rich in the temperature for a half-hour or low for 1 hour.
6. Open the lid again, stir the soup, then serve. Decorate the bowl with additional cheese, a spoonful of sour cream, and minced chives.
I hope, I hope the above-mentioned review can add info for you in providing delicious soups for families, specifically in winter. Good luck.